As our name suggests, Schroeder Design/Build manages the entire design and construction process. This efficient and seamless process offers many benefits.
In addition, we provide each or our clients with access to a secure website with all of the details of their project.
Watch the video demo to see just a few of the ways our online client access keeps you in touch and well-informed throughout the entire project.
- Tight control of design and construction costs.
- Quick turn-around between the design, construction schedule, and completion phases.
- A well-coordinated design throughout the home.
Click for video demo
Schroeder Design/Build translates dreams into reality, transforming family homes into dream homes. Here’s a snapshot of how it works:
- Listen while you share dreams & practical needs
- Study house plans and surveys as needed
- Consider budget criteria
We use our expertise to make the client’s dreams into reality--thinking outside the box and developing a plan to transform the family’s home into a dream home.
- Problem solve
- Think out of the box
- Study existing home—taking accurate measurements, checking mechanical/structural integrity, and drawing existing house plans
- Verify zoning setbacks
- Create preliminary floor plans/elevations
- Review and update pricing
- Attend ongoing design review meetings
- Approve conceptual drawings
- Schedule sub-contractor walk-through
- Choose materials— selection coordinator suggest products that support the client’s vision & budget
- Prepare work scope and specifications
- Present final blueprints, drawings, and pricing
- Prepare to begin construction!
We begin this stage by ordering building materials, special items, appliances, etc. that have long lead times. In addition to the construction work itself, SDB takes full responsibility for:
- Conducting a pre-construction meeting with clients, remodeling consultant & lead carpenter
- Preparing construction documents
- Obtaining building permits
- Assigning a lead carpenter or project manager
- Weekly on-site meetings with client
Once construction has been completed, we:
- Conduct a walk-through-During this walk-through, SDB creates a final to-do list and ensures everything meets our high standards (and the client’s, of course)
- Begin 2-year warranty on labor
- Schedule a 6-month walk-through
Because Schroeder Design/Build is truly committed to ensuring every client’s full satisfaction, we conduct another walk-through with the client six months after the project’s completion.
Winner of COTY's
C o n t r a c t o r o f t h e y e a r