35 Acts of Kindness
UPDATE: WE’VE REACHED OUR GOAL!!!!
Schroeder Design/Build, Inc. celebrates its 35th Anniversary in 2021. To honor the spirit of the anniversary and give back to the community who supported us throughout the years, we launched a campaign we called our 35 Acts of Kindness.
All throughout 2021, we’ve been performing Acts of Kindness through several large donation campaigns, fun and interactive smaller events, and just plain old kindnesses to others. See what we’ve been up to in our list below.
But even though we reached our goal of 35 Acts of Kindness, we’re not stopping here. We’ll continue to perform kind acts throughout 2021…and perhaps beyond!
We’re still accepting sponsorships for 35 Acts of Kindness. With your help, we can do so much more. Won’t you join us?
For more information on how to sponsor, or to donate to the 35 Acts of Kindness campaign, contact us at Marketing@SchroederDesignBuild.com.
Or send your donation check to Schroeder Design/Build, 3917 Prosperity Ave., Suite 100, Fairfax, VA 22031. Please flag it for our 35 Acts campaign and let us know if you’d like your name included in our list of awesome sponsors! Any amount is welcome.
You can also donate directly to one of our nonprofit charities on our behalf. See below for the groups we support and click on their donation links.
Hero Dogs is Schroeder Design/Build’s cornerstone project as part of our 35 Acts of Kindness throughout 2021.
Hero Dogs, Inc. is a 401(c)(3) non-profit corporation dedicated to improving the quality of life for our nation’s heroes by raising, training and placing service dogs with veterans of the U.S. military and first-responders with disabilities. Disabilities do not need to be service-related.
Hero Dogs also places skilled home companion dogs with veteran and first-responder families, and facility dogs with qualified clinicians. Hero Dogs volunteers who have adopted released dogs also volunteer with those dogs as therapy dogs, serving thousands of area residents each month.
Read about Hero Dogs in this September 2021 feature article in Tysons Premier Magazine.
You can help support Hero Dogs by donating directly to the organization through our dedicated link:
Food for Others
Food for Others is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and an important part of Northern Virginia’s resources for providing food to our region’s hungry. It obtains much of its food through food drives, local merchants, the USDA and crop harvests, and staff and volunteers provide the labor.
Charitable contributions and fundraising events provide the funds to run this organization and are a major part of the Food for Others budget.
You can support Food for Others by donating directly to the organization through our dedicated link:
Good Shepherd Housing
The mission of Good Shepherd Housing is to reduce homelessness, increase community support and promote self-sufficiency. For more than 40 years it has been serving the housing needs of Northern Virginia families and individuals by providing stable and affordable housing as well as the guidance and support to help them succeed. For other client families, GSH provides emergency financial assistance to pay back rent in order to keep them in stable housing.
35 Acts of Kindness
Here are some of the organizations and people we’ve already helped:
- Hero Dogs – Being a puppy sponsor
- Setting up a Hero Dogs donation link/requests for donations
- Food for Others – Donating food
- Setting up a Food for Others donation link/requests for donations
- Sponsoring a family for Thanksgiving
- Good Shepherd Housing – raising just under 5,000 books and 118 backpacks for the community’s kids
- Gracing Spaces – toy donation
- Buying lunch for our local first responders
- Complimenting an employee’s daughter on her Quincineara
- Buying coffee for a co-worker
- Finding a credit card in a store and returning it to its owner
- Mowing an elderly neighbor’s yard
- Receiving unordered milk in an Instacart order and donating it to a neighbor
- Picking up trash outside the building and throwing it away
- Helping a woman fix her bike chain while out on a walk
- Sending current and past clients a rewards package
- Buying coffee for a Vietnam veteran
- Watching a friend’s dog for the weekend
- Paying for a meal for a firefighter and his son
- Complimenting someone’s outfit
- Returning grocery carts to the store
- Holding the door for someone
- Donating books to the library
- Donating blood
- Paying for groceries for a young family at the register when they didn’t have enough cash
- Helping a neighbor fix a headlight
- Decorating to surprise a co-worker on becoming a US citizen
- Secretly paying for the person behind in the Starbucks line
- Taking mom out to lunch
- Saving a man from losing his money at the ATM
- Rushing in with paper towels when a co-worker spilled lunch all over herself
- Washing a co-workers dishes
- Letting several cars merge in during rush hour
- Finding a lockbox key and mailing it back to the Realtor who lost it
- Stopping traffic on I-66 when the woman in front’s tire blew out in the middle lane.
- Donating clothing to The Treasure Hound to raise money for pet rescue
- Publishing an article about Hero Dogs in Tysons Premier magazine
- Giving $25 to a mom in need
- Helping a friend with their business
- Buying fries for a pregnant co-worker–twice!
- Helping another business owner work through employee issues
- Listening when a friend was lonely and afraid after a spouse’s death
- Giving a hungry family a big bag of apples
- Holding a 50/50 raffle to raise money for Hero Dogs
- Driving a co-worker to work